Learn how to cook Spanish tapas.
Want to cook a delicious Spanish tapa?
We would like to share a recipe of a tasty Spanish tapa with you… “Cream cheese with caramelized peppers tapa”
- 2 red bell peppers
- 200 ml of water
- 100 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 200g of granulated sugar
- cream cheese
- bread, toasts…
- Once we have removed the stem and seeds from the peppers, cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Place the water, vinegar and sugar into a medium size saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Stir the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved and boil. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, add the chopped peppers and reduce to a low heat.
- Simmer the peppers around 2 hours approximately (depending on the peppers) stirring often until the liquid is reduced and the mixture looks like the picture (tender).
- Allow mixture to cool. Meanwhile, first spread the cream cheese on the toasts and once the caramelized peppers are cold, spread the mixture on the cheese. Done! Enjoy your tapa!
Congratulations! This delicious and easy tapa is now ready to serve!
What do you think about the recipe? Now is time to learn some useful Spanish vocabulary about cooking.
– Mililitres – mililitros (ml)
– Grams – gramos (g)
– To spread – untar
– Toast – tostada
– Cut into strips – cortar en tiras
– To add – añadir, agregar
– To stir – remover
– Chopped – troceado
– To boil – hervir
– Low heat, medium heat, high heat – fuego lento, fuego medio, fuego alto
– Slice – rebanada
– Caramelized – confitado
Want to receive more recipes about Spanish cooking? Subscribe to our newsletters!
Are you already in Madrid? Join us and we will taste this tapa and many more in our wine and tapas tasting
Do you have any questions?
Write a comment and we will try to solve it with pleasure.
Remember that you can also find this post in Spanish
Enjoy your meal!